All Events Terms and Condition
Beechenhill Haybarn Terms and Conditions
The Contract for a short-term rental shall be made between the hirer and Beechenhill Farm the Contract shall be governed by UK Law.
The term Event is used to indicate any of the following; Civil Ceremony, Civil Partnership, renewal of Marriage Vows, Wedding Reception, Party, conference, seminar, workshop or other similar event.
2. Duration and Times of Rental for an Event
Hirers should notify us of expected arrival time.
2.1. Wedding Hirers can use the Haybarn anytime after 12 noon on the day before the Event and must vacate the Haybarn by 12 noon on the day after the Event.
21.30: All noisy activity outside should cease and all doors should be kept closed to reduce the risk of disturbance
00.30: Haybarn must be closed and empty
Please take note of these times below. The latest:
23.15 - Last orders
23.45 - Last dance
12 midnight - Finish, (carriages at or before 12 midnight). Guests must leave quietly to reduce the risk of disturbance
2.2. Ceremony Only or Daytime Party Hirers can use the Haybarn anytime after 12 noon on the day before the Event to decorate. Hirers must agree time of hire with Beechenhill Events but all Ceremonies or Daytime Parties should take place between the hours of 9.00 and 16.00 on the day of the Event. Hirers can return to the Haybarn to take down decorations and clear up on the day after the event, but must vacate the Haybarn by 12 noon.
2.3. Conferences and Courses Hirers may use the barn for the following times:
Full day use - 9.00 – 16.00
Half day use - 9.00 – 12.00 or 13.00 – 16.00
They must vacate the Haybarn by 12.30 if hired for the morning or by 16.30 if hired for a full day or afternoon.
For the Haybarn and accommodation booked, £500 shall be paid on booking; £150 for Cottage by the Pond, £100 for Beechenhill Cottage both to Beechenhill Farm, and £250 for the Haybarn to Beechenhill Events. The balance shall be paid 4 months before the event.
In the event of a cancellation, deposits will not be refunded unless a notice period of more than 8 months is given in which case Beechenhill Events will endeavour to re-let the Haybarn and accommodation. A fee of £100 will be retained for the extra work and administration that this entails. Please see Event Cancellation below for more information.
Beechenhill Farm reserves the right to cancel an Event where full payment has not been received less than 60 days before the Event date.
3.2. Ceremony Only or Daytime Party:
A deposit of £250 shall be paid to Beechenhill Events on booking the Haybarn. The remaining balance shall be paid 4 months before the event.
3.3. Conferences and Courses:
‘Conference Centre Package' - A deposit of 25% shall be paid to Beechenhill Events on confirmation of booking a conference. The balance will be invoiced after the conference. Payment for all invoices is required within 30 days of the invoice date. The number of delegates should be finalised 1 week before the conference; this number will be invoiced as the minimum number of people attending. Please contact us if you get extra bookings after that time and we will try to accommodate them.
‘Village Hall Package' – Please contact Beechenhill Events to discuss the deposit required. The balance will be invoiced after the conference. Payment for all invoices is required within 30 days of the invoice date.
4.1. Wedding, Party and Ceremony Only Hirers agree to pay for any alcohol, corkage, drinks, food, accommodation and any other products or services purchased during your stay at Beechenhill. Tabs run up during the wedding day must be paid before the end of your stay. You will be given an itemised bill of your purchases which must be paid by 10:30 a.m. on the Monday after your event.
4.2. Conference Hirers will be invoiced after the event and must pay the invoice within 30 days of the invoice date.
5. Event Cancellation
We strongly advise all Hirers to take out cancellation insurance.
5.1. Weddings - If you wish to cancel the booking for any reason, more than 8 months before the booking, you should advise us at Beechenhill Farm immediately by telephone or email, followed by a letter of confirmation. We will use our best endeavours to obtain a replacement booking and, if such replacement is obtained, will then refund to the Hirer any monies paid less a handling charge of £100. If the booking is cancelled less than 8 months before the booked date then we shall be entitled to retain all payments already made. If the booking is cancelled less than 4 months before the booked date we shall be entitled to retain all payments already made and to recover, if not already paid, the balance of the hiring charge.
5.2. Ceremonies and Parties – If you wish to cancel the booking for any reason we will endeavour to obtain a replacement booking and, if such a replacement is obtained, will then refund to the Hirer any monies paid less a handling charge of £50. If the booking is cancelled less than 4 months before the booked date then we shall be entitled to retain all payments already made and to recover, if not already paid, the balance of the hiring charge.
5.3. Conferences - If you wish to cancel the booking for any reason Beechenhill Events the following charges will be applied:
Less than two months notice 25% of room hire,
Less than 28 days notice 50% of room hire,
Less than 14 days notice 75% of room hire,
Less than five working days notice 100% of room hire and catering charges.
6. Changing a Booking
Beechenhill Farm cannot guarantee to change previously booked dates.
We are unable to accommodate pets, expect for in exceptional situations, we may be able to accommodate a guide dog or assistance dog.
8. Your Safety
Every reasonable effort has been made ensure safety. However, it is hirers' responsibility (particularly parents with young children) to inspect the Haybarn and grounds immediately on arrival and note any possible hazards. Check the layout of the Haybarn so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily.
Beechenhill is a working farm. All animals (including working dogs and pets) can be unpredictable and should be treated as such; care should be taken when touching any animal. Children should not be left alone with animals and should be supervised at all times. Everyone, particularly children, should wash their hands after touching farm animals, gates or fences.
There are two ponds and a hot tub in the grounds, hirers must be particularly aware of these hazards for children. Hirers and their guests must accept responsibility for the safety of their children; no child may go into the pond areas or the hot tub area unaccompanied. Children under 14 years of age must not use the hot tub.
The use of the Haybarn, accommodation and amenities, where offered, is entirely at the hirer's risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to hirer's or visitor's belongings.
Beechenhill Farm reserves the right to change any offers published at any time.
10. Price Changes
We reserve the right to amend/change prices at any time.
11. Method of Payment
Payments may be paid by cheque, cash, major debit/credit cards or BACS, please ask for details.
12. Value Added Tax (VAT)
Currently no VAT is charged. Beechenhill Farm reserves the right to change this at any time.
13. The Hirers' Obligations
All Hirers agree:
- To permit the owners reasonable access to the Haybarn to carry out any urgent maintenance.
- To pay for any breakages, losses or damage to the Haybarn before departure. To take all reasonable and proper care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period, and to leave the Haybarn in a similar condition to which you found it upon your arrival, removing all flowers, waste, signs and decoration. The Hirer is responsible for any additional cleaning costs incurred.
- Not to sublet or share the Haybarn except with persons nominated when booking. The maximum number of persons allowed in the Haybarn is 100 for Ceremonies and Conferences, and 75 for Weddings (including evening guests), this must not be exceeded. (Owners reserve the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition). Neither can you significantly change the composition of your party/event during your occupation of the Haybarn. If you do any of these things, then we can refuse to hand over the Haybarn to you, or can repossess it. If we do so, this will be treated as a cancellation by you. In these situations no refund of any monies you have paid in respect of your booking will be made and we will have no liability to you as a result of this situation arising (including for example any costs or expenses you incur due to not being able to hold your event, such as your incurring the cost of securing an alternative property or the payment of any compensation to you). We will also not be obliged to find any alternative accommodation for you.
- That any individuals, entertainers or other such people engaged by the Hirer shall be agreed to by the owner and shall have their own public liability insurance. Any electrical equipment they use shall be PAT tested and have a PAT test certificate. Smoke/misting machines are not allowed in the Haybarn (they can compromise the fire safety system).
- That you seek agreement from us for any decorations used in the Haybarn. No decorations must cause a fire risk. No nails, staples or other permanent fixings can be used. Please ask advice. Confetti must be dried flower petals and only used on the lawns.
- That you do not use any candles or naked flames in the Haybarn. That you do not use fireworks or sky-lanterns on the farm or in the surrounding area.
- That you provide a responsible person to be the nominated fire co-ordinator. This person must familiarize themselves with the Haybarn fire safety plan. A copy of which is to be found in the bar.
- That you nominate a responsible person to ensure the safe and responsible use of alcohol and to ensure that no children are at risk of harm from alcohol.
- That you endeavour to split waste into recyclable groups; e.g. bottles, cans, paper etc.
Wedding Hirers also agree:
- To nominate a person to be responsible for the Haybarn and behaviour of wedding guests if the Bride and Groom are absent (if they leave before the end of the evening).
- To hire all self-catering accommodation on site for the weekend (from Friday 3:00 p.m. until Monday 10:30 a.m.) and both B&B rooms for a minimum of 2 nights during the weekend.
- To vacate all accommodation by 10:30 a.m. on the Monday following the event.
14. Civil Ceremony Rules
Hirers wishing to hold a Civil Ceremony at Beechenhill Farm must make an advanced booking with the Registrar; contact the Superintendent Registrar at 20 Sidmouth Avenue, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 0QN. Tel: 0300 111 8001
The couple will also have to give notice of their marriage/civil partnership to the Superintendent Registrars of the districts where they live. When notice is given in a different registration district to Staffordshire, the couple will have to collect the authority before the ceremony and ensure that it is delivered to the Registrar who is to attend the ceremony. The registrar's fee must be paid to the registrar before the ceremony.
A Civil Ceremony is a civil, non religious ceremony, therefore any music, reading, words or performance which forms any part of the ceremony must be secular.
No food or drink may be served, sold or consumed in the Haybarn for one hour prior to and during the proceedings.
Hirers are recommended to have insurance to cover cancellation and curtailment.
16. Linen/Towels/Paper Goods
We supply some dishtowels and dishcloths for the Haybarn and cleaning materials, liquid soap, bin bags, toilet rolls and paper towels. However, we do not supply table linen or napkins and these should be brought by you or sourced from your caterer or another company of your choosing.
17. Non-availability of Property
If, for any reason beyond the owners control, the Haybarn is not available on the date booked, all fees paid in advance will be refunded in full including those for accommodation booked at Beechenhill Farm. The Hirer shall have no further claims against the Owner.
18. Brochure Descriptions
Some of the information contained in marketing materials is related to places such as towns, shops, public houses etc that are not related to Beechenhill Farm. Closure or changes to these facilities are outside the control of Beechenhill Farm, we will endeavour to keep information we disseminate as up to date as possible.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable event. If however, you have any cause for complaint we are anxious that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. Discussion with us whilst you are in residence usually enables shortcomings to be rectified straight away. If after this you feel that the complaint still remains unresolved then notify us in writing within 7 days of your event. Please help us to help you by following this procedure. It is designed to effect the quickest possible investigation and rectification of complaints. We cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any correspondence about them unless this procedure has been followed.
Beechenhill Farm, its employees and agents do not accept third party liability in respect of breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
Only live musicians, live bands, i-pods/mp3 players, laptops and cds may be used to provide music during your event. DJs are not permitted.
Only alcohol purchased on the premises, or supplied with our consent with our corkage agreed, can be drunk in or around the Haybarn during the day of your event.
Any unused table wine will be kept safe after the meal for you to take away with you after the event.
If you ask us to provide a barrel of real ale for your event, you agree to pay for the remainder of the barrel afterwards.
We reserve the right to claim for any damage left to the property or its contents. We do not accept responsibility for any loss of or damage to property used in the Haybarn such as i-pods or computers.
There are a limited number of parking spaces at Beechenhill Farm:
24.1. Wedding and Ceremony Only Hirers agree:
- To use Warrington's Coaches of Ilam (or another company approved by us) to deliver your guests to the Haybarn at the start of your event and collect them at the end of the event.
- That only a maximum of 15 cars may park at Beechenhill Farm, to include staying guests, caterers, entertainers and others associated with the event. That no parking will be on fields or the farm drive (access is needed at all times).
- That, by prior arrangement by you with the National Trust, your guests can pay to park at the National Trust Car Park at Ilam Hall.
24.2. Conferences and Courses Hirers agree:
i. To encourage your delegates to car-share to the Haybarn.
ii. To encourage your delegates to use public transport where possible.
iii. That only a maximum of approximately 20 cars may park at Beechenhill Farm depending on activities at the farm. Please discuss your needs with Beechenhill Events.
iv. To use Warrington's Coaches of Ilam (or another company approved by us) to deliver your delegates to the Haybarn when appropriate.
25. Breach of Contract
If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions on the part of the Hirer or any member of the party we, the Owner reserve the right to re-enter the Haybarn and terminate the event letting without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the Owner.
26. Authority to Sign
The person hiring the Haybarn is over age of 18 and has read these booking conditions and agrees to these conditions on behalf of their party.
27. Your rights
Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these Conditions.
To indicate you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions please sign the Booking Form you receive on booking an Event at Beechenhill Farm, and return the signed copy to Beechenhill Events either by e-mail or post.